All Camp Lutherwood Oregon staff members are called to create an intentional community that supports and cares for each camper, and values all people as children of our Creator. Staff members are expected to keep campers safe and facilitate fun, creative, and safe activities. Staff members show, through words and actions, a response to God’s grace by their commitment to service, community, and creation.
Working at Camp Lutherwood Oregon is an unforgettable and rewarding experience that offers an unparalleled opportunity to develop professional skills for a wide range of potential jobs and careers while serving in a meaningful way. These are skills that you can take with you into any job, internship, or life experience. If you are willing to work hard, practice gracious hospitality, and share in deep laughter and child-like play, working at Camp Lutherwood will be a great way to spend your summer.
WHY WORK AT CAMP
Transform your resume and enhance your work experience, be a positive role model and make a difference in children’s lives, all while growing personally and professionally by working at Camp Lutherwood Oregon.
Gain valuable skills that can be easily transferred to your résumé, such as leadership experience, interpersonal communication, public speaking, problem solving skills and teamwork. Working at camp doesn’t just help your resume, camp also provides the space for you to grow in your faith and make memories with new friends.
Receive hands-on experience planning and organizing activities, facilitate team building opportunities, lead night hikes and creek walks, and engage with a cabin of campers for the week. Learn to lead and work with people of all ages — kids, adults, and those with special needs.
Summer staff Positions:
- Cabin Counselors– The primary responsibility of a counselor is to care for the needs of their campers and to create a safe and engaging environment during their stay at camp. Counselors will be assigned to a cabin of 8-10 youth and will be expected to lead them through the camp schedule as well as plan and participate in activities with them
- Site Support– The Site Support Team plays a vital role in maintaining the site and facilities of camp. This involves helping with camp maintenance and site projects, joining dish crew, and assisting counselors when needed.
- Leadership Team– The Leadership Team works with the Program Director to plan and schedule weekly camp activities and serve as a leader for counselors.
- Kitchen Assistants– Kitchen Assistants work with the Head Cook to prepare all of the delicious meals camp enjoys. Experience is preferred, but those who are willing to learn and be trained are encouraged to apply.
- Lifeguard– Lifeguards are responsible for the safety of all participants in around the pool. Primary responsibilities include cleaning and maintaining the camp pool, as well as life guarding the pool and lakefront activities. Secondary duties will include assisting on dish crew, camp activities, and camp cleaning. Applicants must have current lifeguard certificate.
- Nurse– The camp nurse will gain hands on experience helping kids everyday! Duties range from administering campers’ medications to putting on band aids. Applicants must be in nursing school or RN certified.
- Crafts Leader– The Crafts Leader will be responsible for planning and leading daily craft projects with campers of all ages. This position requires creativity, various experience, and ability to instruct people of all ages. Secondary responsibilities may include assisting on dish crew, c amp activities, and camp cleaning.
- Naturalist– The camp Naturalist will teach daily interactive sessions about Lutherwood’s environment and God’s creation. Ideal applicants will have a background and interest in environmental education. Secondary duties may include assisting on dish crew, camp activities, and camp cleaning.
applications for 2021 will open january 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Summer Staff are paid once a month and at a rate determined by previous camp experience and position on staff. Summer Staff also receive free room, and three prepared meals a day during the week.
General amount paid for a summer staff member: $2,300-$2,500 plus room and three prepared meals a day.
2020 Staff Training begins June 17th.
Summer program runs from June 28th to August 2nd.
During the camp week, you will be expected to work from 10:00am Sunday morning to 5:00pm Friday evening.
There are three scheduled weekends of camp programming. Summer Staff will most likely work part of each weekend, or a minimum of 1 weekend.
Yes! During the camp week all staff receive 1 hour off per day. Staff also have Friday evening (starting at 5:00pm) to Sunday morning (ending at 10:00am) off during non-camp program weekends.
If you need an extended amount of time off, please request the dates at the time of hire.
There is no such thing as a normal day of camp! Each day is filled with new adventures and activities. Typically we stick to a schedule of activities such as crafts and creation, free time, Bible study, meals, games, and campfire. Learn more about our summer programs to get a taste of what you will have the opportunity to lead or participate in!
Junction City, 17 miles away. Junction City is small, but has all the essentials: Safeway (with Starbucks!), Dutch Bros, Gas Stations, St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Store, Goodwill, & a Scandinavian Festival in August.
Eugene, 25 miles away. Eugene is a mid-sized city with everything you could need: Valley River Center Mall, University of Oregon (Track Town USA!), Mini Golf (Camp Putt and Putters), movie theaters, bowling, Winco, various local coffee shops and small businesses.
Florence, 1 hour away. Florence is a cute little beach town on the Oregon Coast with beautiful outdoor places to explore like: Triangle Lake Rock Slides, and Hobbit Beach. Chow down after with Mo’s Chowder House, and BJ’s Ice Cream!
Applications for the 2021/2022 Internship program will be available winter 2021, check back for more information!
Internships can focus on many different areas, including: Environmental Sustainability, Marketing & Media, Business Management, and Program.
Monthly stipend and on-site housing provided.
Year Round Positions
At this time, all positions have been filled and no new positions are available.
Lutherwood Oregon’s Commitment to an Inclusive Work Environment
Camp Lutherwood Oregon strives to be a place that is welcoming and supportive of all people regardless of age, race, religion, gender expression, or sexuality and expect all potential employees to both enjoy and contribute to that environment.
Camp Lutherwood Oregon is not currently hiring any year round positions.
Mail, Email, or Fax (541-998-7164) a resume and completed application to email@example.com. If you believe your resume does not adequately reflect your experience and abilities, you would like to explain any complexities in it, or if it does not show the required experience please include a cover letter addressing those points.
No phone calls please.