Job Description: Dishwasher (Spring Outdoor School)
Job Title: Dishwasher (Spring Outdoor School)
Responsible to: Assistant Cook and Head Cook
Purpose of Role
To ensure that the kitchen, food service dishes, food preparation equipment, and utensils are clean and sanitary.
The dishwasher will ensure dishes, pots, pans, utensils, kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are maintained in clean and sanitary conditions for outdoor school programs.
Previous experience with professional dishwashing equipment and the rapid pace of a professional kitchen dish room preferred.
- Flexibility to adapt to regularly changing circumstances.
- Able to follow both spoken and written instructions and gain new skills quickly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well with multiple kitchen staff.
- Enjoy an Outdoor School atmosphere.
- Demonstrated understanding of clean kitchen facilities and kitchen procedures, working within the American Camp Association standards and Oregon Health Department standards.
- Hold a current Oregon Food Handlers Card or equivalent.
- Hold a current First Aid and Adult and Child CPR/AED certifications.
1. Assist in unloading trucks that deliver foods for cooking or serving.
2. Assist in storing foods for future preparation.
Health and safety
1. Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, pans, or utensils using dishwasher or by hand.
2. Place clean dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, pans, or utensils in storage area.
3. Sweep or scrub floors.
4. Sort and remove trash as directed, including separating and storing recycling and compost.
5. Clean trash cans as directed.
6. Complete the cleaning and safety monitoring schedule on a daily basis.
7. Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
8. Carry out a deep clean as directed by the Head Cook and Assistant Cook.
9. Comply with the Camp’s Health & Safety policy, ACA regulations and all statutory health and safety requirements, and ensure that these are observed by all members of staff and visitors.
10. Report immediately any machinery faults to the Head Cook.
11. Co-operate with the camp on all issues relating to health, safety and welfare.
12. Maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness and hygiene.
13. Maintain a current Oregon Food Handlers Card, First Aid and Adult and Child CPR/AED certifications
1. Attend meetings and training courses as may be required.
2. Undertake such other work as may be requested by the Head Cook or Assistant Cook up to or at a level consistent with the principal duties and responsibilities of the role.
3. Maintain the camps drug and tobacco free campus policy.
Able to lift/unload/move food and supplies; lift dishes to storage location; use kitchen equipment safely; operate electrical and mechanical equipment; maintain appropriate inventory of food and supplies; operate dishwasher while maintaining appropriate temperature; determine cleanliness of dishes, food-contact surfaces, and kitchen areas; assess condition of food.
Lifting: Able to lift 50-pounds from floor level, out of a sink, or off of a shelf to shoulder height.
Carry: Able to carry 50-pounds 25 feet, and place it on the ground, in a sink or on shelf three-feet high.
Standing: Able to work standing in one place for 2-4 hours continuously.
The physical effort typically applied in this job includes:
Lifting, Carrying, Reaching, Pulling, Pushing, Stooping, Standing, Bending